Alaska Content Standards
Government & Citizenship: E
||A student should have the knowledge and skills necessary to participate effectively as an informed and responsible citizen.
A student who meets the content standard should:
- know the important characteristics of citizenship;
- recognize that it is important for citizens to fulfill their public responsibilities;
- exercise political participation by discussing public issues, building consensus, becoming involved in political parties and political campaigns, and voting;
- establish, explain, and apply criteria useful in evaluating rules and laws;
- establish, explain, and apply criteria useful in selecting political leaders;
- recognize the value of community service; and
- implement ways of solving problems and resolving conflict.
View this page as an Adobe PDF file