Alaska Content Standards
||Culturally knowledgeable students are able to engage effectively in learning activities that are based on traditional ways of knowing and learning.
Students who meet this cultural standard are able to:
- acquire in-depth cultural knowledge through active participation and meaningful interaction with Elders;
- participate in and make constructive contributions to the learning activities associated with a traditional camp environment;
- interact with Elders in a loving and respectful way that demonstrates an appreciation of their role as culture-bearers and educators in the community;
- gather oral and written history information from the local community and provide an appropriate interpretation of its cultural meaning and significance;
- identify and utilize appropriate sources of cultural knowledge to find solutions to everyday problems; and
- engage in a realistic self-assessment to identify strengths and needs and make appropriate decisions to enhance life skills.
View this page as an Adobe PDF file