Alaska Content Standards
||Culturally knowledgeable students demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the relationships and processes of interaction of all elements in the world around them.
Students who meet this cultural standard are able to:
- recognize and build upon the interrelationships that exist among the spiritual, natural, and human realms in the world around them, as reflected in their own cultural traditions and beliefs as well as those of others;
- understand the ecology and geography of the bioregion they inhabit;
- demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between world view and the way knowledge is formed and used;
- determine how ideas and concepts from one knowledge system relate to those derived from other knowledge systems;
- recognize how and why cultures change over time;
- anticipate the changes that occur when different cultural systems come in contact with one another;
- determine how cultural values and beliefs influence the interaction of people from different cultural backgrounds; and
- identify and appreciate who they are and their place in the world.
View this page as an Adobe PDF file