Political Relations Activity
|Complete the subjects of sentences in A by matching them with the predicates of sentences in B.
A. Sentence Beginnings
B. Sentence Endings
- The political authority of Alaska Natives ____________
- Conflicts between the Tlingits and the military erupted only when ___________
- White businessmen and missionaries had led a well-organized effort to ______________
- Until 1884 Alaska Natives were denied _____
- They had no legal recourse in resisting ________
- In 1924 they elected William Paul, a brilliant Tlingit lawyer, _______________
- In 1945 the territorial legislature enacted __________
- protection provided under U. S. Indian law and policy.
- native people applied their traditional laws to whites.
- an antidiscrimination bill.
- went almost unchallenged during the initial period of U.S. administration, in part because of the small American population and the absence of civil law.
- as the first Alaska Native representative to the territorial legislature.
- the ongoing encroachments into their territories and the appropriations of their land and resources.
- promote the passage of the act in order to expand their opportunities and to promote the “settlement” of the area.
View this page as an Adobe PDF file